Thursday, September 3, 2009

Indoors


Today I took the day off to catch up on some thread work. I finished wrapping this ultra-lite spinning rod and I started on the little fly rod that I showed before. I've used the same rod blank for both of these, the St. Croix, Avid. I've got two other rods of mine that I need to wrapped as well, a Lamiglas bait cast rod and an Orvis T3 four weight, but they'll have to wait until this fall fishing season is over.
While I wrapped I listened to pod casts on the Itinerant Angler web site. I listened to an interview with Jerry Siem, Sage's chief rod designer, and another with April Vokey, a young, attractive, diehard steelheader in British Columbia. There are too many pod casts that I like from I.A. to even begin listing. Listen to one streaming, or download one to your IPod.