Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Beginning


I have made a commitment to do more fishing this fall 2009 and to write about it (...and all things related).
I've been busy getting organized by tying more leaders, cataloging my multitude of fly lines, getting rods and reels repaired, tying flies, and preparing the watercraft. Everything is on track except the budget. So, I've got to build some rods and sell some other stuff to catch up. I'm returning to Palacios this weekend even though this is not the kind of fly fishing trip I am truly focusing on. I have the first X-trip planned for early September. I want to bring two other fly guys to keep it interesting and the camera rolling. No, not video. The family video camera is in Chile until November. I can only promise still shots. I'll tell you later what X stands for, or you can figure it out.